Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice (discard or save remaining juice for another use). Line a 9-in. round baking pan with waxed paper; coat with cooking spray. Spread pineapple over waxed paper; sprinkle with gelatin.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat egg substitute and egg white. Beat in the sugar, reserved pineapple juice and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to egg mixture and mix well. Pour over gelatin.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice: 139 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch
Reviews for Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
"I make this all the time for bake sales or school events. I make 6 cakes and all 6 sell fast for a good price every time. It is so easy to make and comes out of pan clean!"