Pineapple Upside-Down Cake for Two Recipe
Tender, moist and sweet, these two luscious but lighter cakes are as special as the person you choose to share them with! —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 canned unsweetened pineapple slices
- 2 maraschino cherries
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Pour 1/2 teaspoon butter into each of two 10-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Top with a pineapple slice. Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple slice; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Beat in the milk, vanilla and remaining butter just until combined. Spoon over pineapple.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around edges of ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 290 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 318 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC