Pineapple Upside-Down Cake for Two Recipe
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 canned unsweetened pineapple slices
- 2 maraschino cherries
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Pour 1/2 teaspoon butter into each of two 10-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Top with a pineapple slice. Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple slice; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Beat in the milk, vanilla and remaining butter just until combined. Spoon over pineapple.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around edges of ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving: 290 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Upside-Down Cake for Two
"I usually love Taste of Home recipes, but this is the worst thing I ever made. I am a good cood of many years and I made NO mistakes. This is just bad. Shame on you Taste of Home....."
"Worst dessert I've made. Dough was heavy and not enough liquid from pineapple and sauce to moisten. Would not recommend."
"Perfect size and moistness. I switched out the sugar for splenda and used fake butter and wheat flour. Think next time I will try adding dab of cocoa powder in the mix. Glad it was so small because i would have eaten more for sure."
"Per serving this has 106 more calories than the Mini Pineapple Upside Down cake recipe in the muffin tins. You can always freeze others for when company comes."
"It was great not having to eat the same thing for a week or more. Would love more recipes for two!"
"Made this last night....due to health issues did some adjusting, less salt and less sugar also part splenda and part whole wheat flour. Very pleased with the results!"
"Has anyone tried this using splenda and light brown sugar?"
"I love Pineapple Upside cake. It is so refreshing and light. This makes the perfect size!"
"Perfect when you want a very quick and very delicious treat. Also I used 8oz ramekins and it worked just fine, no overflow at all. Comes out just like the picture!"
"healthy? Wow. I figured out the Weight Watchers Plus Points and immediately passed on this....8 points per serving? Not for us, thanks...."
"Baked while we ate dinner. What a great for us without any waste."
"These were super fast and easy. They tasted fantastic! Hard to believe they are reduced anything! What a lovely dessert!"