Tender, moist and sweet, these two luscious but lighter cakes are as special as the person you choose to share them with! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 canned unsweetened pineapple slices
- 2 maraschino cherries
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour 1/2 teaspoon butter into each of two 10-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Top with a pineapple slice. Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple slice; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Beat in the milk, vanilla and remaining butter just until combined. Spoon over pineapple.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around edges of ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Upside-Down Cake for Two in Healthy Cooking February/March 2012, p54
Reviews for Pineapple Upside-Down Cake for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review