- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 10 Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- Pour butter into a well-greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Arrange pineapple slices in prepared pan; place a pecan half in the center of each slice. Combine the apricot preserves and reserved pineapple juice; spoon over pineapple slices.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour over pineapple.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto a large serving platter. Cool slightly; serve warm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Upside-Down Cake in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p41
Reviews for Pineapple Upside-Down Cake(10)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2013
I have made this cake 4 to 5 times. The best way to get it out of the pan without harming the cake is to line the pan with wax paper. it comes out smooth as silk. Family and friends love it