- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 10 pecan halves
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- Pour butter into a well-greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Arrange pineapple slices in prepared pan; place a pecan half in the center of each slice. Combine the apricot preserves and reserved pineapple juice; spoon over pineapple slices.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour over pineapple.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto a large serving platter. Cool slightly; serve warm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Upside-Down Cake(11)
Sort By :
Even though I only had plum jam & hazel nuts it still turned out great! I also used fresh pineapple because that is what I had!
I have made this cake 4 to 5 times. The best way to get it out of the pan without harming the cake is to line the pan with wax paper. it comes out smooth as silk. Family and friends love it