This variation of an upside-down pineapple cake couldn't be easier because it starts with a cake mix.—Pat Remour, East Moline, Illinois
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 maraschino cherries
- 8 pecan halves
- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Combine 1/2 cup pineapple, brown sugar, butter and 3 tablespoons of pineapple juice. Spoon into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Alternate cherries and pecans over the sugar mixture.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions, substituting reserved pineapple juice for water. Stir in lemon peel, vanilla and remaining pineapple. Spoon over cherries and pecans.
- Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Bundt Cake in Country Woman May/June 1996, p35
Reviews for Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review