Pineapple-Tuna Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the applesauce and mayonnaise. Stir in the celery, green pepper, pineapple, onion, seasoning blend, garlic powder and pepper. Add tuna; mix well. Spread over four slices of bread; top with tomato, lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 310 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 715mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.