Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 slices provolone cheese (1 ounce each)
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate pineapple. In a small bowl, combine teriyaki sauce and reserved juice. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with some of the remaining marinade.
- 3. Grill eight pineapple slices for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, basting with remaining marinade (save remaining pineapple for another use).
- 4. Top each piece of chicken with cheese and two pineapple slices. Grill, covered, for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 305 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 1289mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein
Reviews for Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken
"So delicious, have made it on the outdoor grill or on my George Foreman inside. Very moist and the cheese pineapple , and teriyaki flavors really complement each other!"
"So delicious and moist! Grilling and basting the pineapple is out of the world good and will definately make this again. Used Mozza slices instead of provolone since this is what I had but will choose a cheese with more bite next time. Yummy, wish I had leftovers for today!"
"This is sooo good! Used 2 George Forman grills as are outdoor grill is under 4 feet of snow, but am looking forward to using this recipe this summer. Didn't do any basting and the flavor was still wonderful and the chicken was very moist. Didn't have provolone cheese so I used sliced swiss instead."
"We eat chicken almost everynight! This dish is so flavorful and quick and easy to make."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.