Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken
I like to marinate this moist chicken entree overnight, then pop it on the grill for a breezy taste of the islands that family and friends really go for. —Vicki Roberts, Jacksonville, Florida
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 slices provolone cheese (1 ounce each)
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate pineapple. In a small
- bowl, combine teriyaki sauce and reserved juice. Pour 3/4 cup
- marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag
- and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and
- refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat
- or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a
- meat thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with some of the
- remaining marinade.
- Grill eight pineapple slices for 2 minutes on each side or until
- lightly browned, basting with remaining marinade (save remaining
- pineapple for another use).
- Top each piece of chicken with cheese and two pineapple slices.
- Grill, covered, for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon