Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
I like to marinate this moist chicken entree overnight, then pop it on the grill for a breezy taste of the islands that family and friends really go for. —Vicki Roberts, Jacksonville, Florida
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 slices provolone cheese (1 ounce each)
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate pineapple. In a small bowl, combine teriyaki sauce and reserved juice. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with some of the remaining marinade.
- 3. Grill eight pineapple slices for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, basting with remaining marinade (save remaining pineapple for another use).
- 4. Top each piece of chicken with cheese and two pineapple slices. Grill, covered, for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC