Pineapple Sweet Potatoes
Pineapple and pecans make a pretty topping for this no-fuss fall side dish. "It's light, tasty and not too sweet," notes Bette Fulcher of Lexington, Texas. "Making it in the slow cooker leaves extra space in the oven when preparing a holiday turkey and other dishes," she adds.
12-14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (without added milk or butter)
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Transfer to a
- 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with pineapple slices and pecans. Cover and
- cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 262 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.