Pineapple and pecans make a pretty topping for this no-fuss fall side dish. "It's light, tasty and not too sweet," notes Bette Fulcher of Lexington, Texas. "Making it in the slow cooker leaves extra space in the oven when preparing a holiday turkey and other dishes," she adds.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (without added milk or butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with pineapple slices and pecans. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Sweet Potatoes in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p35
Reviews for Pineapple Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review