Pineapple Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows Recipe
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 large marshmallows
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a large kettle and cover with water; bring to a boil. Boil gently until potatoes can easily be pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, about 30-45 minutes. Drain; cool slightly.
- 2. Peel potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash. Stir in butter and sugar until butter is melted. Add pineapple, eggs, vanilla, nutmeg and salt.
- 3. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with marshmallows. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 367 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows
"I have been making this exact recipe since the 80's. Always a hit! I did use the mini marshmallows."
"I love anything with sweet potato. But, my family is a bit more fussy, especially my husband, who loved this recipe . I served this for Thanksgiving and my mother and son-in-law gave me compliments too - so it will be my new standard."
"This is a very easy and delicious recipe. The only thing I will change is miniature marshmallows instead of large."
"It was delicious. Everyone deceided it was to be added to the list of family favorites."
"This casserole tastes just how I remember it when I was young. Wouldn't change a thing. Super simple to put together."
"I've made this twice now for two different church potlucks and both times I had ladies come to me for the recipe. Many, many compliments! "Tastes like a dessert!" they'd say. Thank you, TOH!!"
"We have a "traditional" sweet potato recipe but one year I tried this one. I am not allowed to come to family holidays without brining this with me now. My family gives it a 5 out of 5 rating every time. The pineapple makes the diference. I lost my recipe so thank you for keeping it on the website. I would have been in real trouble this year. :)"
"My family really liked this recipe this year for Thanksgiving. This says a lot, because they are used to the traditional sweet potatoes with brown sugar and lots of marshmallows. I opted for a slightly healthier version, and it was a hit. My only mistake was that I cooked it a bit too long, and the marshmallows were too crispy. I will definitely make this one again."
"I made this one today and it was a total success , in fact some of my guests took some home with them and some wanted the recipe, too bad that there are only 5 stars on the rating I would have given this one a 10 +"