Pineapple, sugar and marshmallows lend a super sweetness to sweet potatoes. I've been making the casserole for years, both for special occasions at home and for casual dinners. —Ruth Leach, Shreveport, Louisiana
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 large marshmallows
- Place sweet potatoes in a large kettle and cover with water; bring to a boil. Boil gently until potatoes can easily be pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, about 30-45 minutes. Drain; cool slightly.
- Peel potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash. Stir in butter and sugar until butter is melted. Add pineapple, eggs, vanilla, nutmeg and salt.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with marshmallows. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Casserole in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p138
Reviews for Pineapple Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review