Pineapple Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows Recipe
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 large marshmallows
- Place sweet potatoes in a large kettle and cover with water; bring to a boil. Boil gently until potatoes can easily be pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, about 30-45 minutes. Drain; cool slightly.
- Peel potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash. Stir in butter and sugar until butter is melted. Add pineapple, eggs, vanilla, nutmeg and salt.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with marshmallows. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows
Sort By :
"I have been making this exact recipe since the 80's. Always a hit! I did use the mini marshmallows."
"I love anything with sweet potato. But, my family is a bit more fussy, especially my husband, who loved this recipe . I served this for Thanksgiving and my mother and son-in-law gave me compliments too - so it will be my new standard."
"This is a very easy and delicious recipe. The only thing I will change is miniature marshmallows instead of large."
"It was delicious. Everyone deceided it was to be added to the list of family favorites."
"This casserole tastes just how I remember it when I was young. Wouldn't change a thing. Super simple to put together."