Pineapple Sweet Potato Bread Recipe
This blue-ribbon recipe won ‘Best of Show’ at the county fair for Wanda Houston of Houlka, Mississippi. The delectable loaves are tiny and moist, she writes, “and I bake a lot of them for gifts during the holidays.”
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup grated peeled sweet potato
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, oil and egg; mix in the sweet potato, pineapple and orange peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (8 slices).
1 slice: 239 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Sweet Potato Bread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC