Pineapple Sunshine Muffins
Even though my children are grown, they still look for these muffins on Sunday mornings. I put the leftovers, if any, in my husband's lunch for a surprise treat.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon
- and ginger. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, butter and vanilla;
- stir in pineapple. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in carrot and sunflower kernels.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three fourths full. Bake at
- 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve
- warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 272 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium,