Pineapple-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
This is an unusual way to serve baked potatoes, but if your family is like mine, they'll love it. It's a regular on our menu at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, divided
- Wrap potatoes in foil and bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until
- tender. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Cut a thin slice off
- the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a
- thin shell.
- In a small bowl, mash the pulp; add the pineapple, brown sugar,
- butter and salt. Stir in cranberries and 1 tablespoon pecans. Spoon
- into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Place on a
- baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-12 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 263 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium,