Pineapple-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
This is an unusual way to serve baked potatoes, but if your family is like mine, they'll love it. It's a regular on our menu at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, divided
- 1. Wrap potatoes in foil and bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until tender. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- 2. In a small bowl, mash the pulp; add the pineapple, brown sugar, butter and salt. Stir in cranberries and 1 tablespoon pecans. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 263 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC