Pineapple-Stuffed Burgers Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 slices unsweetened pineapple
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, ketchup and mustard. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, shape beef into four patties. Place pineapple slices on two patties; top with remaining patties. Seal edges; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with sauce and lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 burger equals 454 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 892 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.