Pineapple-Strawberry-Kiwi Pavlova Recipe
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2. Beat the egg whites, vanilla and vinegar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Spoon meringue onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon, shape into a 9-in. circle.
- 4. Bake at 225° for 45-55 minutes or until set and dry. Turn oven off and do not open door. Let meringue dry in oven for 1 hour.
- 5. Just before serving, top meringue with whipped topping and fruit. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice equals 229 calories, 5 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple-Strawberry-Kiwi Pavlova
"Pavlova is indeed light and refreshing. However, as an Australian, I can tell you that a pavlova should be white. If your pavlova is the colour of the one in the photo, it has been over-baked."
"A nice refreashing dessert."