- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Beat the egg whites, vanilla and vinegar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Spoon meringue onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon, shape into a 9-in. circle.
- Bake at 225° for 45-55 minutes or until set and dry. Turn oven off and do not open door. Let meringue dry in oven for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, top meringue with whipped topping and fruit. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pavlova in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p45
Reviews for Pineapple-Strawberry-Kiwi Pavlova
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2011
"Pavlova is indeed light and refreshing. However, as an Australian, I can tell you that a pavlova should be white. If your pavlova is the colour of the one in the photo, it has been over-baked."
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2010
"A nice refreashing dessert."