Pineapple-Strawberry-Kiwi Pavlova Recipe
"My mother was taught to make this attractive dessert by my sister, who learned to prepare it from her Australian mother-in-law. Make sure, when you beat the sugar into the egg whites, that all the sugar is dissolved or the pavlova will be sticky." —Kathy Spang, Manheim, Pennsylvania
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Beat the egg whites, vanilla and vinegar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Spoon meringue onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon, shape into a 9-in. circle.
- Bake at 225° for 45-55 minutes or until set and dry. Turn oven off and do not open door. Let meringue dry in oven for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, top meringue with whipped topping and fruit. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pavlova in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p45
Reviews for Pineapple-Strawberry-Kiwi Pavlova
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2011
"Pavlova is indeed light and refreshing. However, as an Australian, I can tell you that a pavlova should be white. If your pavlova is the colour of the one in the photo, it has been over-baked."
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2010
"A nice refreashing dessert."