Pineapple Star Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine sugar and flour; add pineapple and stir until blended. Cook over low heat until mixture comes to a boil and is thickened. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 3-in. squares. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4. To form star, make a 1-1/4-in. cut from each corner toward center (do not cut through center). Place 1/4 teaspoon of pineapple filling in the center of each. Fold every other point toward the center, overlapping pieces; press lightly to seal.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 6. For frosting, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, milk and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 5 dozen.
2 each: 171 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Pineapple Star Cookies
"they look very nice and taste good"
"Very cute and delicious!"
"the best cookie love it"