I'm grateful my neighbor gave me this special recipe. When you see the cookies' pretty shape and savor the pineapple filling and sweet frosting, you'll know they're worth the effort.
Recommended: Our Favorite Ice Cream Recipes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine sugar and flour; add pineapple and stir until blended. Cook over low heat until mixture comes to a boil and is thickened. Cover and refrigerate.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 3-in. squares. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- To form star, make a 1-1/4-in. cut from each corner toward center (do not cut through center). Place 1/4 teaspoon of pineapple filling in the center of each. Fold every other point toward the center, overlapping pieces; press lightly to seal.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, milk and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Pineapple Star Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p31
Reviews for Pineapple Star Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2014
"they look very nice and taste good"
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2011
"Very cute and delicious!"
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2010
"the best cookie love it"