This recipe came from my family's love of grilling and our inability to follow a recipe completely! We're always changing things to suit our tastes. We don't usually measure, but I did here so I could share this family favorite.
- 1-1/3 cups DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 ham steak (about 1/2 pound and 1 inch thick)
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, combine the juice, butter, cloves, paprika, garlic, sugar and mustard; mix well. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. Add ham to the bag. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill ham, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat is glazed and heated through, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Ham Steak in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p195
Reviews for Pineapple Spiced Ham Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review