"I got this recipe over 20 years ago," reports Margery Bryan of Royal City, Washington. "I've tried several diabetic recipes, and this is one of the best."
5 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + freezing
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons sugar substitute
- Mint leaves, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Freeze pineapple chunks.
- Place the juice, buttermilk, vanilla, sugar substitute and frozen
- pineapple in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour into
- glasses and garnish with mint if desired. Serve immediately. Yield:
- 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 1/2 skim milk, 1/2 fruit; also 74 calories, 52 mg sodium, 2 mg cholesterol, 16 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 1 gm fat.