Pineapple Smokies Recipe
These sausages in a tangy-sweet sauce make an excellent holiday snack. The recipe is quick and easy but makes lots.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 cup DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 pounds miniature smoked sausages
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and mustard. Gradually stir in the pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add sausages; stir to coat. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: about 8 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 120 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC