These sausages in a tangy-sweet sauce make an excellent holiday snack. The recipe is quick and easy but makes lots.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 pounds miniature smoked sausages
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and mustard. Gradually stir in the pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add sausages; stir to coat. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Originally published as Pineapple Smokies in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p18
Reviews for Pineapple Smokies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review