Pineapple Sirloin Skewers Recipe
From Marysville, Washington, Karen Hamlin shares this tasty treatment for beef that relies on a made-in-moments marinade. "I like to add mushrooms to the skewers and serve the yummy kabobs over hot cooked rice," she writes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Refrigerate the pineapple. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, ginger, garlic and pepper. Reserve 1/3 cup marinade for basting and 1/3 cup for serving; cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef cubes. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade from beef. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and pineapple chunks. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or broil 4-6 in. from the heat until beef reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with one portion of reserved marinade. Serve with remaining marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC