Pineapple Sirloin Skewers Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Refrigerate the pineapple. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, ginger, garlic and pepper. Reserve 1/3 cup marinade for basting and 1/3 cup for serving; cover and refrigerate.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef cubes. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and pineapple chunks. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or broil 4-6 in. from the heat until beef reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with one portion of reserved marinade. Serve with remaining marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pineapple Sirloin Skewers
Sort By :
Awesome! And so easy!! I grated sharp cheddar cheese over the cooked rice with a tad of soy sauce, and put the kabobs on the side. I also grilled zucchini with lemon juice, salt & pepper, and sprinkled it with parmesan/romano cheese. Oh, so many flavors all on one plate!!! Double the recipe so you will have leftovers!!!
Delicious! My grill is broken so I cooked these under the broiler and they were great.
Easy and delicious! It's a keeper!