Taste the tropics with our cool and crispy take on shrimp tacos. Wrapping the shells in lettuce adds even more crunch, while keeping the tacos tidy after you take a bite.
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet orange pepper, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cotija or mozzarella cheese
- 8 large romaine lettuce leaves
- Cook shrimp in 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the peppers, onion and pineapple in remaining oil until tender. Add seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return shrimp to the skillet; heat through. Spoon onto tortillas; top with cheese. Wrap lettuce around tortillas to serve. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Shrimp Tacos in Simple & Delicious April/May 2013, p10
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pineapple Shrimp Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review