Pineapple Shrimp Tacos Recipe
Taste the tropics with our cool and crispy take on shrimp tacos. Wrapping the shells in lettuce adds even more crunch, while keeping the tacos tidy after you take a bite.
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet orange pepper, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cotija or mozzarella cheese
- 8 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1. Cook shrimp in 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the peppers, onion and pineapple in remaining oil until tender. Add seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return shrimp to the skillet; heat through. Spoon onto tortillas; top with cheese. Wrap lettuce around tortillas to serve. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC