- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet orange pepper, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cotija or mozzarella cheese
- 8 large romaine lettuce leaves
- Cook shrimp in 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the peppers, onion and pineapple in remaining oil until tender. Add seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return shrimp to the skillet; heat through. Spoon onto tortillas; top with cheese. Wrap lettuce around tortillas to serve. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pineapple Shrimp Tacos
Sort By :
"This was a good recipe. Flour tortillas were used instead of corn. Recipe took longer to make than the 25min prep/cook time listed. Overall, it was easy and nearly everyone liked it."
"These are great!"
"Really loved the flavor. Thought I'd make some Spanish rice to go inside too. Ha! No room at the inn. I'm not sure how they got all the ingredients to fit into a 6" tortilla. I tried a 10" flour(what I had on hand), and couldn't fit. Ate the tortilla on the side, with the rice, and ate the shrimp/pepper mixture alone. Yummmm. Will make again, probably the same way. ;-D"
"These were so good. I used a whole can of pineapple tidbits. I thought the flavors were wonderful. Will make again!"
"I've never been brave enough to try anything but beef or chicken tacos, but the pineapple, shrimp and seasoning are a wonderful combination! We felt it could use a little more pineapple and seasoning though."