Pineapple Shrimp Spread
My aunt used to bring this dish to family gatherings. It brings back childhood memories for me. Today, it's my go-to appetizer for celebrating with others. —Jodi Tompkins, Eldon, Missouri
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup chopped cooked peeled shrimp
- 1/2 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Celery sticks and/or crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Chill until
- serving. Serve with celery sticks and/or crackers. Yield: 1-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without celery and crackers) equals 70 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.