Pineapple Shrimp Rice Bake Recipe
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the garlic, onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Stir in soy sauce and ginger. Add shrimp, ham and pineapple. Stir in rice.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Stir before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 273 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 774 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Shrimp Rice Bake
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.