Pineapple Shrimp Packets
“Your family and friends will delight in receiving these individual grilled shrimp packets,” enthuses Nancy Zimmerman of Cape May Court House, New Jersey. “The foil makes cleanup a breeze.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 canned pineapple slices
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- For each packet, place a pineapple slice on a double thickness of
- heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top with shrimp and red
- pepper. Combine the brown sugar and seafood seasoning; sprinkle over
- shrimp. Dot with butter. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until shrimp
- turn pink. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 214 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 183 mg cholesterol, 593 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.