Pineapple Shrimp Packets Recipe
- 6 canned pineapple slices
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1. For each packet, place a pineapple slice on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top with shrimp and red pepper. Combine the brown sugar and seafood seasoning; sprinkle over shrimp. Dot with butter. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 214 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 183mg cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Shrimp Packets
"Alaskakaren said it well! Plus you can make them ahead of time! One of our favorite campfire foods!"
"quick, easy and VERY GOOD!!!"
"My family loved these... next time I will add Pineapple preserve to make the juice thicker and serve with rice...."
"DELICIOUS!!!!! I just baked them in the oven and they were fantastic!!!!"
"This was really good. Will definetely make again."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.