Pineapple Shrimp Kabobs
In Fairbanks, Alaska, Isabel Fowler fires up the grill to cook these easy kabobs. Try them at your next backyard gathering!
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup each reduced-sodium soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple, chunks, drained
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, honey and garlic.
- Set aside 1/3 cup. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread
- the shrimp, green pepper and pineapple. Place kabobs in a large
- resealable plastic bag; pour remaining marinade over kabobs. Cover
- and chill for 1 hour. Cover and chill reserved marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill,
- uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8
- minutes or until shrimp turn pink; turning and basting frequently
- with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 kabobs equals 168 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 443 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.