This was a favorite dessert at Thanksgiving and Christmas when we all gathered at Grandma's house - the holidays weren't complete without her delicious homemade sherbet. I remember those days fondly whenever I make it.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + freezing
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover and freeze for 1
- hour. Stir; return to freezer for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 269 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.