Pineapple Sauce for Ham Recipe
For a Polynesian twist on ham, added this wonderful sauce to your next ham dinner. You will be pleasantly surprised by the sweetness.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2-1/4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1. Combine water, sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, mustard and pineapple in saucepan. Bring to boil; simmer 10 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 cup of water; add to sauce. Cook, stirring, until clear. Serve over ham slices. Yield: About 4 cups sauce.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 52 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC