Pineapple Sauce for Ham Recipe
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2-1/4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1. Combine water, sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, mustard and pineapple in saucepan. Bring to boil; simmer 10 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 cup of water; add to sauce. Cook, stirring, until clear. Serve over ham slices. Yield: About 4 cups sauce.
2 tablespoons: 52 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Sauce for Ham
"Delicious!! We made this as a topping for our Easter ham. It was a hit. Also a great topping for chicken, pork, waffles ... anything where you want a little extra sweetness."
"I never have ham without this sauce. This is one of my favorites!"