For a Polynesian twist on ham, added this wonderful sauce to your next ham dinner. You will be pleasantly surprised by the sweetness.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2-1/4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine water, sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, mustard and pineapple in saucepan. Bring to boil; simmer 10 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 cup of water; add to sauce. Cook, stirring, until clear. Serve over ham slices. Yield: About 4 cups sauce.
Originally published as Pineapple Sauce for Ham in Country Woman January/February 1990, p35
Reviews for Pineapple Sauce for Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 19, 2016
"Delicious!! We made this as a topping for our Easter ham. It was a hit. Also a great topping for chicken, pork, waffles ... anything where you want a little extra sweetness."
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2013
"I never have ham without this sauce. This is one of my favorites!"