For a Polynesian twist on ham, added this wonderful sauce to your next ham dinner. You will be pleasantly surprised by the sweetness.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2-1/4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine water, sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, mustard and pineapple in saucepan. Bring to boil; simmer 10 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 cup of water; add to sauce. Cook, stirring, until clear. Serve over ham slices. Yield: About 4 cups sauce.
Originally published as Pineapple Sauce for Ham in Country Woman January/February 1990, p35
Reviews for Pineapple Sauce for Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2013
"I never have ham without this sauce. This is one of my favorites!"