Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 29 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Reviews for Pineapple Salsa
"I used canned pineapple and canned jalapenos, and added a pinch of red pepper. I don't normally like cilantro but in this is adds flavor! :D VERY good everyone thought it was store bought and was surprised when i said I made it."
"I made this for the Cook's Corner ingredient challenge. I added your recipe to two packets of prepared Minute Multi-Grain Medley to make a rice salad. The salsa is outstanding. I used canned pineapple instead of fresh because I found one on the sale table. Thank you for the recipe!"
"Excellent tasting salsa. I personally like a little more heat though....so I added 2 tablespoons of both minced ginger and fresh Tahitian lime juice."
"I just made this for the first time exactly to the recipe. It is amazing!!!!! Will be making more tomorrow! Thank you!"
"This is a delicious, fresh salsa served with tortilla chips."
"What a fantastic recipe! This was a party favorite. Sweet and savory, and mouthwatering!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.