This refreshing salad has a mildly tangy dressing that would complement most any entree. After enjoying a similar salad at a restaurant, I tried to re-create it at home. Adding sliced grilled chicken makes it a meal in itself.—Vickie Madrigal, Shreveport, Louisiana
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Cut slices in half; set aside. In a
- jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, honey, vinegar, soy
- sauce and reserved pineapple juice; shake well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Combine the romaine, onion
- slices and pineapple slices in a serving dish. Drizzle with
- dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 64 calories, 2 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.