This refreshing salad has a mildly tangy dressing that would complement most any entree. After enjoying a similar salad at a restaurant, I tried to re-create it at home. Adding sliced grilled chicken makes it a meal in itself.—Vickie Madrigal, Shreveport, Louisiana
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Cut slices in half; set aside. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, honey, vinegar, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice; shake well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Combine the romaine, onion slices and pineapple slices in a serving dish. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p7
Reviews for Pineapple Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review