Pineapple Rice Pudding
THIS WONDERFUL old recipe was a treat during the Depression. We didn't have dairy topping in those days, so we enjoyed it with real, heavy cream.
Mother served this as a special treat for our family. During celebrations we got to eat it in glass dishes with a cherry on the top.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Maraschino cherries and fresh mint, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the rice and pineapple; set aside. In a
- small bowl, beat cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Fold into rice mixture. Cover and chill until serving. Garnish with
- cherries and mint if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 406 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.