THIS WONDERFUL old recipe was a treat during the Depression. We didn't have dairy topping in those days, so we enjoyed it with real, heavy cream. Mother served this as a special treat for our family. During celebrations we got to eat it in glass dishes with a cherry on the top. —Barbara Thomas Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maraschino cherries and fresh mint, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the rice and pineapple; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Fold into rice mixture. Cover and chill until serving. Garnish with cherries and mint if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Rice Pudding in Reminisce Extra February 1997, p47
Reviews for Pineapple Rice Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review