Pineapple Rice Casserole Recipe
Pineapple and cheese aren't thought of as a perfect pairing, but they are. The taste is the proof.—Linda Keller, Sylvania, Ohio
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Stir in butter. Add the pineapple, brown sugar and salt; spoon into a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 250 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC