Pineapple Rice Casserole Recipe
Pineapple and cheese aren't thought of as a perfect pairing, but they are. The taste is the proof.—Linda Keller, Sylvania, Ohio
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Stir in butter. Add the pineapple, brown sugar and salt; spoon into a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 250 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Pineapple Rice Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC