Pineapple Rice Casserole
Pineapple and cheese aren't thought of as a perfect pairing, but they are. The taste is the proof.Linda Keller, Sylvania, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Stir in butter. Add the
- pineapple, brown sugar and salt; spoon into a greased shallow 1-qt.
- baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for
- 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 250 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.