Pineapple-Rhubarb Streusel Dessert
Convenient canned pineapple and fresh rhubarb deliciously combine in this dessert. It's quick, easy and, best of all, yummy!Bobbi Miles, Waupaca, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 5 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed (1-inch pieces)
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; mix well. Pour
- into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In another bowl, combine
- dry cake mix and pecans. Cut in butter until mixture resembles
- coarse crumbs; spread evenly over rhubarb mixture. Bake at 350°
- for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 461 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.