Pineapple Rhubarb Pie Recipe
From Dickinson, North Dakota, Lila McNamara relates, "Fresh or frozen rhubarb works equally well in this pie. It's delicious served with ice cream. And it's quick and easy if you use ready-made crusts."
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, pineapple, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and lemon peel. Let stand for 15 minutes. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry. Add the filling.
- 2. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits or make decorative cutouts in pastry. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Rhubarb Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC