Pineapple Rhubarb Pie Recipe
From Dickinson, North Dakota, Lila McNamara relates, "Fresh or frozen rhubarb works equally well in this pie. It's delicious served with ice cream. And it's quick and easy if you use ready-made crusts."
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, pineapple, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and lemon peel. Let stand for 15 minutes. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry. Add the filling.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits or make decorative cutouts in pastry. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Rhubarb Pie in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p12
Reviews for Pineapple Rhubarb Pie(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2011
Took this to a grad party and it was a huge hit! Delicious!
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2010
definetly a keeper!! I have made this twice and my hubby LOVES this recipe. The pineapple gives a whole new flavor to rhubarb.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2010
simple yet delicious