Pineapple-Rhubarb Jam Recipe
Rhubarb, pineapple and strawberry make an awesome jam that brings back memories of living on a farm and growing my own rhubarb. — Debbi Barate, Seward, Pennsylvania
- 5 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (about 12 stalks)
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine rhubarb, sugar, pineapple and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until rhubarb is broken down, stirring occasionally. Add gelatin; cook and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- 2. Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 3. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 half-pints.
2 tablespoons equals 89 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC