- 5 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (about 12 stalks)
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- In a Dutch oven, combine rhubarb, sugar, pineapple and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until rhubarb is broken down, stirring occasionally. Add gelatin; cook and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Reviews for Pineapple-Rhubarb Jam
"Yummy ! I might try mango jello next time instead of strawberry! I also used only 3 cups sugar."
"Awesome! Easy to make. Going to make another batch tomorrow! Thanks for sharing!"
"Excellent!!! Very easy to make. I also used 4 cups of sugar, does not need any more."
"Simply delicious! Made as directed, was worried it wouldn't set, but left on counter 2 days and set up just fine. Had never used jello in place of pectin before, I canned it, made 6 jelly jars. I'm assuming it took longer to set due to the jello. We've already ate 2 jars in the past week! Definitely a keeper!"
"I also used only 4 cups sugar and that still was plenty. Next time I will try 3 cups. The strawberry gelatin adds sweetness, too. Otherwise this is excellent and I will make it again."