Pineapple-Rhubarb Jam Recipe
Rhubarb, pineapple and strawberry make an awesome jam that brings back memories of living on a farm and growing my own rhubarb. — Debbi Barate, Seward, Pennsylvania
- 5 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (about 12 stalks)
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- In a Dutch oven, combine rhubarb, sugar, pineapple and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until rhubarb is broken down, stirring occasionally. Add gelatin; cook and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Originally published as Pineapple-Rhubarb Jam in Taste of Home
Reviews for Pineapple-Rhubarb Jam(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Jams, Jellies & Preserves Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Rhubarb Jam >
- Rhubarb Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Condiments >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Easy Recipes >