Pineapple Red Pepper Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cubed sweet red pepper
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Add beef; turn to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a large skillet, stir-fry beef mixture in oil for 2 minutes. Add celery and red pepper; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add onions and mushrooms; cook 2 minutes longer.
- 3. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Stir pineapple and water chestnuts into skillet. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Gradually stir into beef and vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 351 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1916mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein .
Reviews for Pineapple Red Pepper Beef Stir-Fry
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.