Pineapple Raisin Crisp
YEARS AGO, I found this basic recipe on the label of a can of pineapple. I adjusted it to suit our taste and made it lower in sugar.
This dessert is a refreshing change from the usual apple or berry fruit crisps. It's also easy to fix for two and can be served warm or cold.
-Lorraine Mix, Remer, Minnesota
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- Combine pineapple and raisins in a small ungreased baking dish. In a
- small bowl, combine brown sugar, coconut, oats, flour, cinnamon and
- nutmeg; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until topping is
- crisp. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 264 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.