Pineapple Raisin Crisp Recipe
YEARS AGO, I found this basic recipe on the label of a can of pineapple. I adjusted it to suit our taste and made it lower in sugar. This dessert is a refreshing change from the usual apple or berry fruit crisps. It's also easy to fix for two and can be served warm or cold. -Lorraine Mix, Remer, Minnesota
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- Combine pineapple and raisins in a small ungreased baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, coconut, oats, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over fruit. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until topping is crisp. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Raisin Crisp in Reminisce Extra April 1999, p47
Reviews for Pineapple Raisin Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2010
Thank you this is a wonderful alternative to apple or berry. I always have pineapple tidbits on hand and used grated carrot instead of the coconut.